No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
It saddens me how much Dr. King's I Have A Dream speech continues to resonate today. Sad, too, that so much of the rising generation thinks of today as just another day off.
May these few still, small, unsatisfied voices in the wilderness remind us of how far we have come -- and how far we have yet to go.
- Bruce Springsteen, We Shall Overcome (trad./Seeger)
- Elizabeth Mitchell, This Little Light of Mine (trad.)
- Gordon Downie, If I Had A Hammer (orig. The Weavers)
- Andrew Bird, I Shall Not Be Moved (trad.)
- James Taylor, A Change Is Gonna Come (orig. Sam Cooke)
(from Where Have All The Flowers Gone: The Songs of Pete Seeger)
(from You Are My Flower)
(from Peace Songs II)
(from Old Town School of Folk Music Songbook, Vol. 4)
(from an episode of West Wing; more James Taylor here)